How Long is a Whale Watching Trip?October 16, 2018
10 Killer Whale FactsNovember 8, 2018
Whale watching tours are breathtaking experiences that create unforgettable memories between friends and family. Although a magnificent sight, finding the majestic sea mammals takes time as the ship navigates through the ocean, so it’s important to be prepared with all the essentials to keep you and your party comfortable along the journey. If you’re planning to take a whale watching tour soon, be sure to take the following items on your trip so you can be well-equipped.
Items to Bring Whale Watching:
- Camera / phone
- Rubber-soled shoes
- Rain jacket or windbreaker
Other Helpful Tips for Whale Watching
With whale watching an integral part of Long Beach culture, rigorous safety standards and regulations have been set to ensure families can continue to participate in this thrilling activity without worry. Under the care of the experienced and dedicated staff at Harbor Breeze Cruises, you’re in good hands.
Once you step on your boat, we invite you to sit back, relax, and be on the lookout for all the sea life the Pacific has to offer. While we will do everything in our capacity to ensure your satisfaction, there are a few tips to keep in mind to make for a comfortable whale watching trip:
- Pack a Light Jacket. Off the coast of Long Beach out on the water, the temperature will be cooler. By bringing a light jacket and dressing in layers, you can avoid unwanted chills that may detract from your Long Beach whale watching experience!
- Pack the necessities. To be best prepared, make sure to pack items including sun screen, water bottle, a camera, and binoculars. A Los Angeles whale watching tour can often last up to a few hours, so it’s important to be equipped so you are comfortable and prepared. Binoculars and your camera will always come in handy to view whales farther off into the distance.
- Lather on the Sunscreen. While out on a Harbor Breeze Cruise, you can expect to be on your boat for a few hours. On sunny days make sure to protect your skin to prevent unpleasant burns.
- Protect Against Motion Sickness. There is nothing worse than excitedly embarking on your whale watching tour, only to find yourself seasick when the boat gets moving. Those prone to seasickness should take over the counter medication prior to departure or invest in non-medicinal alternatives such as Sea-Bands.
- Be patient. The most important tip to remember for your cruise is to be patient. Catching sight of the incredible marine life Long Beach has to offer can be breathtaking, however when and where sea animals pop up is unpredictable. Until we spot a majestic whale, simply enjoy your time out on the water.
- Have Questions Ready. On each Harbor Breeze whale watching LA cruise, our knowledgeable and experienced captains will provide in depth narration on the sea life that inhabits the area. They are happy to answer questions you may have on the whales and other wildlife you might see. Come prepared with questions to get full use of the expertise on hand.